Saturday, January 17, 2015

Ice Skating: Take 2

Well, with only one lesson under her belt, we were amazed at how much better Simone was on the ice today.  And by better, I mean she was vertical for nearly all of the lesson (as opposed to on the ground!).  She only fell down four times the entire lesson (last week I lost count after 5 minutes).  It was amazing how much more confident and balanced she was already.

Simone made it back and forth across the rink, forwards and backwards many times without falling.


They worked on some bending down while gliding....

Today they also introduced the backward wiggle.  I thought it was hilarious watching the whole line of little ones shake it like a polaroid picture!!





And finally, I found this shot on my phone from a few weeks ago when we went to get her new skates fitted and sharpened.  She was over the moon happy!

Simone's really enjoying these lessons and I have to admit, it's pretty fun watching her.  It's a great way to get the family up and going on these cold winter Saturdays!

No comments: